GTel has been commended for excellence in customer service by the NYS Public Service Commission for 22 consecutive years. We strive to provide the service you remember and the technology you imagine.
Our 24/7 help line number is 866-380-8324
TROUBLESHOOTING FOR DIAL-UP AND HIGH-SPEED DSL INTERNET SERVICES
If you feel uncomfortable doing any of the steps below, please call our Technical Support 24/7 at 1-866-380-8324
If you cannot connect:
- Make sure the phone line is connected to the jack in the wall and is secure in the back of your computer.
- Can you hear dial tone when the computer is dialing? If no, check the jack for dial tone. Do this by plugging a regular phone into the jack and listening for dial tone. If there is no dial tone, call G-Tel’s Technical Support.
- Have you changed your password? If yes, call our Technical Support. We have to make sure that it has been reset on the server.
If you get a dialogue box that says “UNABLE TO FIND SERVER” or “PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED”:
Check modem light status:
- If there are no lights on your modem, make sure the power switch on the back of the modem is turned on. Also make sure that the modem is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- If the DSL or ADSL light is flashing, call G-Tel’s Tech support. This may happen if you have recently moved the modem.
- If all lights are solid, shut the modem down, and router (if applicable), and then PC. Reboot (turn on) modem, router (if applicable) and PC, in that order.
- Check to be sure that all cables are connected (phone line from jack to modem, Ethernet cable from modem to computer, power to the modem).
- Check to be sure that all cables are connected (Ethernet cable from jack to ONT port on back of modem, Ethernet cable from modem to computer, power to the modem).
If you have done all of the above and still cannot connect, call G-Tel Technical Support at 1-866-380-8324
Digital Cable (IPTV):
If your TV screen is snowy, blue, says “No Signal”, or any similar message, you are most likely on the wrong input. Using your TV remote, check to be sure you are on the correct input for your Set Top Box. This was explained to you at the time of the install. If you have any questions about your input, please call our trouble line at 537.HELP.
If your picture is tiling, freezing or if you receive any errors on your screen, using your IPTV Universal remote, press the Home button (To locate the HOME button on your particular remote, find the corresponding Remote Function Guide here: TV Resources page This will refresh the signal to the Set Top Box.
• If this does not fix the problem, you will need to power cycle the Set Top Box. This can be done by unplugging the power from the back of the Set Top Box, or from the wall. When the power has been disconnected, plug the box back in and wait for it to completely boot. You may be prompted to enter your password, (which is defaulted to 1234) then press OK. Video should be restored.
If none of these solutions restore your video stream, please contact our business office Monday-Thursday 8AM-4:30PM and Friday 9AM-4:30PM, or call our Technical Support after hours at 1-866-380-8324
Even if you have power at home, we may not have power feeding the remote that your cable service is fed out of.
If your cable is out, and you do have power, our help line for outages is 518-537-4357
Digital Cable – If you have recently lost power, you may need to reboot your digital boxes or re-enter your password. All passwords are defaulted to 1 2 3 4 unless changed by the customer. Press the STB button on your Set Top Box remote (located below the red power button) then 1 2 3 4, and then ‘OK’.
If the STB is not asking for a password and/or you see an error message on your screen, you may need to unplug the power from the Set Top Box and plug it back in, do this only once. This will reboot the box. If you still do not have video, call our help line at 518-537-4357
1. IF YOU HAVE NO DIAL TONE, OR IF YOU CANNOT MAKE &/OR RECEIVE LOCAL CALLS, FIRST TRY DIFFERENT EXTENSIONS IN YOUR HOME.
If the problem seems to involve all your phones, check that:
All receivers are on the hook.
All phone equipment is plugged into the jack(s).
All phones are connected to power outlet(s) (if applicable).
All phone cords have no damage or cracks.
Batteries in any cordless phones are charged and installed correctly.
If everything checks out and your phones still do not work, please call GTel Repair at 518-537-4357 *Charges may apply.
2. IF THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO INVOLVE JUST ONE PHONE:
Unplug the phone you’re having trouble with by removing the cord from the jack.
If your phone equipment is plugged into an electrical outlet, unplug it from the power outlet also.
Take it to a jack that’s connected to a working phone. Unplug the working phone.
Plug the phone you’re having trouble with into that jack, and into an electrical outlet if needed.
If it still doesn’t work, the problem is likely with that phone, not the phone line. If it works, the problem is likely with the wiring inside/outside your home. Please call GTel Repair at 518-537-4357
*Charges may apply.